This is my follow up to How to lose a girl in 7 days. But I’m certainly not an expert in guys. They don’t seem to communicate very well….. so WHO KNOWS?! Please help us out guys. There’s probably twenty things a girl could critique and thinks she could have done better but you’ve left no clues for us to actually figure it out. It’s a riddle with no answers.
If you’ve seen the TV series Imposters, each time someone is scammed they leave a video that says things like:
“You must be very confused.”
“You will never see me again”.
“You will ask yourself a lot of questions.”
“You will replay every moment we had together. You will begin to doubt everything you know…. you will begin to doubt yourself. It’s very normal.”
“Don’t try to find me, you will never find me. Don’t put yourself through that. Leave it be… move on with your life”
“You are a good person or this wouldn’t have happened to you. You will find love again. You will find happiness.”
If only guys could say things like that to us, it would be so much better than nothing. Of course there is no such video message in real life. So what goes wrong?
The Dating Struggle identifies five types of single women.
- Bag lady (negative comments towards men)
- The king of her castle (career driven)
- Desperate wanna be housewife
- Miss Picky
It basically sums us all up except that I can’t identify with just one of them, I think I have bits of them all.
From a man’s perspective (read or watch with an open mind!) 10 types of women you should never date:
- The dumb girl
- The princess
- The financial disaster (this applies to men too)
- Sloppy drunk chick
- Super jealous girl
- A stripper
- The women who only has gay men as friends
- The my-daddy-buys-me-everything chick
- The Tiege Hanly hair (doesn’t want the man to have better hair than her)
- The bitch
When you are going through the getting-to-know-you process online, I wouldn’t mention:
- Significant illness or injury until they have gotten to know you
- Money issues
- Too much dog talk
- Taking more than 6 hours to respond (Believe it or not- Bumble statistics that they lose interest)
- More than one girl is in your photo
- False advertising- fake hair, fake tan, fake (chicken fillet inserts) boobs
We definitely have personality types online. I would say these are the following types of women (and again I’m parts of them all):
- Sarcastic smart ass
- Nice and sweet
- Sexy banter
- Independent (difficult to catch as they know they are strong by themselves)
- Dependent (really wants to be in a relationship and values husband and kids over the best match- nothing wrong with this)
I write this in case you are doing something obvious and have never thought about it before and wonder what goes wrong. Most of the time, it’s not us, it’s them! When they can’t communicate openly, we will never know, so don’t second guess yourself. I try not to lose myself in the riddle that’s wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma (Winston Churchill quote) and downward spiral. Stay strong that you are amazing. Someone will appreciate you.
It’s survival of the fittest (mentally) to get through the online profiles, survive the chats, meet for multiple dates and find a good match. Sometimes it is a good match but they are also dating multiple women and are spoilt for choice.
If he’s not treating you well or it doesn’t feel right- you need to lose him! I still believe that when the right one comes along it won’t be this hard, hopefully. As the ‘Imposters’ say- Always forward, never backwards.
I hope you catch some good fish this weekend!
One thought on “How to lose a guy in 7 days”
This is really interesting, when I was reading the list for the women, I was thinking who on earth do these guys think they are? I do believe it’s fine to have preferences, but communication, as you rightly said, is even more important. I truly believe that with the right person you won’t have to force anything or filter yourself… so, carry on being your amazing self! 🙂